London, United Kingdom
Executive Assistant / Administrative Manager
We are seeking a highly organised and proactive Executive Assistant / Administrative Manager to join our team. As an integral member of our team, the successful candidate will be key business enabler and play a vital role in ensuring the smooth and efficient operations of Hypervision Surgical.
- Administrative Support: Provide administrative support to the executive team and staff. This includes managing calendars, scheduling appointments, coordinating and minuting meetings, greeting & receiving visitors, and handling correspondence.
- Travel Arrangements: Arrange travel accommodations and itineraries for employees when necessary.
- Human Resources: Assist in recruitment efforts by posting job openings, screening candidates, and organizing interviews. Maintain employee records, track attendance, and handle HR-related inquiries.
- Communication: Serve as a point of contact for internal and external communication, disseminating information and handling inquiries professionally.
- Budgeting and Finance: Collaborate with the finance department to track office expenses, prepare budget reports, and process invoices.
- Event Coordination: Plan and coordinate office events, such as team-building activities, staff meetings, and celebrations.
- Data Management: Maintain and organize electronic and physical records, ensuring confidentiality and accuracy.
- Facility Management: Ensure the office environment is clean, safe, and conducive to productivity. Coordinate maintenance and repairs when necessary.
- Health and Safety: Implement and enforce health and safety policies to create a secure work environment for all employees.
- Office Operations: Oversee the day-to-day operations of the office, ensuring it runs efficiently and effectively. This includes managing office supplies, equipment maintenance, and liaising with vendors.
- Team Support: Provide support and assistance to team members when needed, fostering a collaborative and positive work environment.
At Hypervision Surgical, we welcome candidates who have the core skills for the post and are keen to learn and grow with us. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where a diverse mix of talented people come and enjoy working with each other. By working together, we will change the way surgery is performed and improve patient care.
Hypervision Surgical Ltd is a spin-out company formed from King’s College London and was founded by a team of clinicians, medical imaging and artificial intelligence (AI) experts. Based on safe light alone, our goal is to equip clinicians with advanced computer-assisted tissue analysis for improved surgical precision and patient safety.
We have developed a computational Hyperspectral Imaging (HSI) system for improved intraoperative surgical guidance. HSI is a safe optical imaging modality perfectly suited for the clinic. By splitting light into multiple wavelengths far beyond what the naked eye can see, HSI carries diagnostic information about tissue properties ideal for objective tissue characterisation. This will objectively enhance the surgeon’s ability to visualise and characterise tissue intraoperatively without injecting any toxic contrast agents. In addition, our system can monitor vital physiological tissue properties, thereby increasing surgical precision and patient safety while optimising resection.
Following successful in-patient clinical studies, we are now working on converting our patent-pending technology into a commercial medical device for surgery.
We are building our company at the intersection of surgery, machine learning and interventional image computing for optical systems to increase surgical precision and patient safety. We are backed by a highly experienced syndicate of European and American HealthTech investors, including the corporate venture arm of ZEISS, a multinational technology leader. In addition, we are supported by the British Royal Academy of Engineering, Innovate UK, NIHR (National Institute for Health Research), the Creative Destruction Lab, and King’s Health Partners MedTech Innovations to improve surgical care.
Come make an impact with us and help shape our story.
A bit about you
- Previous Experience: Proven experience as an Executive Assistant / Administrative Manager or in a similar administrative role.
- Organizational Skills: Exceptional organizational and multitasking abilities are essential to succeed in this role.
- Communication: Strong written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to interact effectively with employees, clients, and vendors.
- Leadership: Demonstrated leadership skills, including the ability to motivate and support team members.
- Problem-Solving: A proactive approach to problem-solving and the ability to find practical solutions.
- Tech Savvy: Proficiency in using office software (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite) and familiarity with office equipment.
- Discretion: High level of confidentiality and professionalism when dealing with sensitive information.
- Flexibility: Ability to adapt to changing priorities and handle pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Degree: A bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, or a related field is preferred but not mandatory.
- Show a strong sense of creating an inclusive environment (Bonus points if you bring a special talent, interest, new language, or unique life experience to the team)
What we offer
- We offer an opportunity to work at and shape a MedTech start-up uniquely positioned to develop next-generation technology for surgical guidance.
- Our board includes serial entrepreneurs for MedTech companies in surgery and surgical robotics, including Martin Frost CBE, Founder and former CEO of CMR Surgical – a globally recognised unicorn in the field of surgical robotics, and we are supported by highly experienced European and American HealthTech VC investors. You will work closely with thought leaders in healthcare engineering to develop and scale an early-stage MedTech start-up.
- As a King’s College London spin-out and member of the King’s MedTech ecosystem, we have key access to crucial resources for R&D and product development for surgery, including access to hospitals, a mock operating room, lab spaces, and computational facilities.
- A 2-year clinical observational neurosurgery study involving 81 patients commenced in April 2022 and an investigational clinical study involving 40 patients at 3 UK centres for laparoscopic abdominal surgery is scheduled to commence in Q3 2023: Your work will directly impact the studies we run and the product we build.
- Building on a highly multidisciplinary background (surgeons, computer scientists, mathematicians, biomedical engineers, regulatory affairs specialists, and KOLs for surgical healthcare technology) our team consists of world-leading experts in machine learning / AI for medical imaging, interventional imaging and medical devices for surgical guidance.
- We pride ourselves on an environment at the intersection between industry, academia and hospitals that cultivates curiosity, creativity and autonomy to develop innovative technologies for the patient and public benefit.
- We offer flexible working arrangements, including flexible hours and remote working.
- We are committed to growing our employees and offering equal opportunities for advancement.
To apply, send your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected]. Detail how your knowledge, skills, and abilities meet the job requirements.